With so much fast and easy food available, it’s important that we detoxify our livers every now and then, because many of these quick food options aren’t that great for our bodies.
One of the best ways to detox your liver is through your food selection. You are what you eat. So here are our top 10 detox foods that can help detox your liver naturally!
1. Lemon – packed with antioxidant vitamin C, which is great for the skin and for fighting disease-forming free-radicals.
2. Ginger – high in antioxidants and is good for boosting the immune system.
3. Garlic – not only antiviral, antibacterial and antibiotic, but it contains a chemical called allicin which promotes the production of white blood cells and helps fight against toxins.
4. Artichoke – packed with antioxidants and fibre which help the body digest fatty foods.
5. Beetroot – not only is beetroot great for skin, hair and cholesterol levels, but it can also help support liver detoxification, making it an ultimate detox food.
6. Green Tea – not only a good weight-loss drink, but it is extremely high in antioxidants.
7. Cabbage – contains a chemical called sulforaphane, which helps the body fight against toxins.
8. Fresh Fruit – high in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fibre, and are also low in calories, making them an important part of a detox diet.
9. Brown Rice – rich in many key detoxifying nutrients including B vitamins, magnesium, manganese and phosphorous. Also high in fibre, which is good for cleansing the colon.
10. Watercress – the leaves are packed with many vital detoxifying nutrients, including several B vitamins, zinc, potassium, vitamin E and vitamin C. Plus, watercress has natural diuretic properties, which can help to flush toxins out the body.