Tuesday , April 16 2024
Protest

Shanties demolition: No protest on Lekki-Epe Expressway, say Lagos police

The Lagos Police Command has debunked the report that there is an ongoing protest on the Lekki-Epe Expressway as a result of the demolition of shanties in the Jakande area of Ajah, Eti-Osa Local Government Area of the state.

GISTFOX NEWS reports that the Lagos State Government is set to remove shanties and all illegal structures erected around the Jakande estate and Mayegun axis.

The Special Adviser to the Governor on Electronic Geographic Information Systems and Urban Development, Dr. Olajide Babatunde, disclosed this on Sunday during an inspection of the area.

He said, “The removal notices had been served severally on the occupants of these shanties but they have remained adamant.

“You can see that some of them have started removing the illegal structures themselves, but I will implore those yet to comply to do so immediately as removal of these illegal structures begins today.”

Babatunde decried the level of distortion of the area with the erection of shanties and illegal structures prefacing boundaries of Jakande estate and the adjoining roads, setbacks, and drainage alignments especially the planned Lagos to Calabar coastal highway project.

In a viral video obtained by GISTFOX NEWS on Tuesday, some hoodlums were seen blocking the roads with tyres and throwing bottles and stones at the commuters to prevent them from using the blocked routes.

However, reacting to the alleged protest, the spokesperson for the state’s police command, Benjamin Hundeyin, confirmed to GISTFOX NEWS that there was no protest in the state and that the people who were said to be protesting were likely hired to disrupt the action of the government.

“Normalcy has been restored in the affected area. It has not stopped our work, we are just there to maintain law and order. There is no protest,” Hundeyin added.

YOUR NEWS WINDOW TO THE WOLRD

GISTFOX NEWS

THANK YOU FOR VISITING GISTFOX NEWS

SUBSCRIBE AND GET DAILY NEWS DELIVERED TO YOUR EMAIL DON’T MISS OUT! STAY UP TO DATE

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

About gistfox

Check Also

replace

Transfer: Napoli identify top striker to replace Osimhen

Napoli have identified Lille striker, Jonathan David as the top target to replace departing Victor …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Translate »