Radish benefits: Even though not everyone likes radish, it comes with a host of health benefits – from protecting the heart to aiding in digestion.
- Radishes are a rich source of antioxidants and minerals like calcium and potassium, these nutrients help in lowering blood pressure and reduce risks of chronic illnesses.
- Radishes also help with the liver and stomach health; they detoxify and purifies the blood removing toxins and wastes in the blood.
- Radishes also stimulates skin beauty; raw radish helps in reducing skin disorders such as cutaneous eruptions and wrinkles because of the presence of antioxidants and flavonoids.
- Radish may reduce the risk of cancer because of its content of sulphur compounds. Cruciferous vegetables contain a range of antioxidants, which may help prevent the cell damage.
- Radish may help in weight loss. It’s high in fiber and low in kilocalories. One cup of radish provides 16 kilocalories and about 1,6 grams of fiber.
- Radishes are loaded with antioxidants, including catechin, which help fight again free radicals which are compounds that could damage cells.
- Radishes are a good source of potassium which can help keep blood pressure at a healthy level and also helps with muscle contraction.